Sunday, April 1, 2007

Shitty first drafts

Anne says that we need to put something,anything on the paper to write a shitty first draft.. I'll put everthing that comes to my mind starting now or is better to say I'll try..3.................................................2...................................................1......................start!!!Well I should write about Anne Lamott's writting and I am not sure do I know how..But I have to, so here we go..As we need to write a quote I chose this that I really,really like:"It's not like you don't have a choice,becasue you do--you can either type,or kill yourself."This is great..This is exactly what is happening to me..ofcourse I chose writting..but I don't know what to write..Well.....It has been over an hour that I am sitting in front of my computer and I just wrote these few sentences..Cool..another 4 or 5 hours and I'll have my homework..I don't know what it is,maybe it's late and i should already be in bed,maybe it's because I am hungry and tired and maybe it's a lack of inspiration..Actually I am sure that is a lack of INSPIRATION..I started my shitty first draft but now I see that is not true what Anne said,that it is easy to write it... And I will never get to second or third...But i think that shity first draft is the best ..because that first draft consists of ideas that first came into your mind,and you won't change them..They just need to be well organised and easy for reader to follow without obstacles,without someones's quotes and stuff like that..The writting has to be simple..The simplier the better...And there is no need for second or third draft..I have an example of person who writes great stories in a few minutes...and she made me believe that the first draft is the best ,and the only thing we need to write is INSPIRATION.

No comments: